Chief Master Sgt. Terrence A. Greene is the Command Chief Master Sergeant for Air Mobility Command, Scott Air Force Base, Illinois. He is the principal adviser to AMC Commander Gen. Maryanne Miller and her senior staff on matters of health, welfare and morale, professional development, and the effective utilization of more than 83,300 total force enlisted personnel assigned and contributing to the command. He ensures the combat readiness of the command through sound policies, practices and training.
Chief Greene entered the Air Force in October 1988 as a vehicle operations specialist and has served in a variety of duties in the career field, to include two tours as superintendent of gun truck and cargo line haul detachments supporting operations in Iraq and Kuwait. Chief Greene also completed several tours in the Air Force Attaché Affairs, Defense Attaché System, and multiple command chief assignments with extensive exposure to joint basing.
Prior to his current position, Chief Greene previously served as the Command Chief Master Sergeant for United States Forces Japan and Fifth Air Force at Yokota Air Base.
1992 Airman Leadership School, McGuire Air Force Base, N.J.
1994 Associates in Applied Science, Nursing, Burlington Community College, Burling, N.J.
1998 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, McGuire AFB, N.J.
1999 Associate in Applied Science, Transportation, Community College of the Air Force
2000 OPSCO Management Course, Joint Military Attaché School, Bolling AFB, Washington, D.C.
2004 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Gunter AFB, Ala.
2005 Basic Combat Convoy Course, Lackland AFB, Texas
2007 Chiefs Leadership Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2010 AFSO21 Senior Leader Course
2010 USAF Enterprise Leadership Seminar, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Va.
2010 Bachelor of Science in Information Technology and Systems Security, with honors, University of Phoenix, Phoenix, Ariz.
2011 The Gettysburg Leadership Experience, Gettysburg College, Pa.
2011 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education Course
2012 Leadership Enhancement Program, The Center for Creative Leadership, Greensboro N.C.
2013 Keystone Senior Leader Course, National Defense University, Washington D.C.
1. October 1988 - December 1988, trainee, Basic Military Training, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
2. December 1988 - March 2000, vehicle operator, Fleet Manager, 305th Transportation Squadron, McGuire
AFB, New Jersey
3. April 2000 - June 2001, operations coordinator, American Embassy Asmara, Eritrea
4. July 2001 - July 2003, operations NCO, American Embassy New Delhi, India
5. August 2003 - November 2004, vehicle operations superintendent, 22nd Logistics Readiness Squadron,
McConnell AFB, Kan.
6. November 2004 - August 2007, vehicle operations manager, 43rd Logistics Readiness Squadron, Pope
AFB, N.C. (Sep '05 - Mar '06, 732nd ELRS Superintendent, Gun Truck Operations, Iraq)
7. September 2007 - March 2009, vehicle operations and maintenance manager, 97th Logistics Readiness
Squadron, Altus AFB, Okla. (Aug '08 - Mar '09, 586th ELRS Superintendent, Line Haul Ops, Kuwait)
8. March 2009 - December 2009, superintendent, 97th Mission Support Group, Altus AFB, Okla.
9. January 2010 - November 2011, command chief, 437th Airlift Wing, Joint Base Charleston, S.C.
10. December 2011 - May 2013, command chief, 87th Air Base Wing, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst,
11. May 2013 - December 2013, command chief, 451st Air Expeditionary Wing, Kandahar Airfield,
12. January 2014 - January 2016, command chief, 51st Fighter Wing, Osan AB, Korea
13. March 2016 – November 2018, command chief, US Forces Japan and Fifth Air Force, Yokota AB, Japan
14. December 2018-Present, command chief, Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATION
Bronze Star Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Defense Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Joint Service Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Recognition Ribbon
1992 John L. Levitow Award, Airman Leadership School, McGuire AFB, N.J.
1998 Distinguished Graduate and Commandant's Award, NCO Academy, McGuire AFB, N.J.
1998 United States Air Force Transportation NCO of the Year
2000 Distinguished Graduate, Joint Military Attaché School
2000 Department of State Superior Honor Award, Bureau of African Affairs
2002 Department of State Superior Honor Award, Bureau of South Asian Affairs
2004 Distinguished Graduate, Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant Oct. 1, 2007
(Current as of December 2018)