Chief Master Sgt. Larry C. Williams, Jr. is the Command Chief Master Sergeant for Air Mobility Command, Scott Air Force Base, Illinois. He is the principal adviser to the commander and his senior staff on matters of health, welfare and morale, professional development, and the effective utilization of more than 48,000 active duty/civilians and 71,000 AFRC/ANG enlisted personnel assigned to the command. He ensures the combat readiness of the command through sound policies, practices and training.
Chief Williams entered the Air Force in April 1989. Upon graduating technical school at Sheppard Air Force Base, Texas, as an Aircraft Maintenance Specialist, he was assigned to Dover Air Force Base, Del., where he served in a variety of duties in his original career field. In 1998, Chief Williams cross-trained to be a Career Enlisted Aviator.
Prior to his current position, Chief Williams previously served as the Command Chief Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force Expeditionary Center at Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, N.J.
1993 Airman Leadership School, Dover AFB, Del.
2000 NCO Academy, McGuire AFB, N.J.
2004 Associate of Applied Science, Aircrew Operations, Community College of the Air Force
2004 Associate of Applied Science, Instructor of Military Science, Community College of the Air Force
2004 Associate of Applied Science, Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force
2005 Bachelor of Science, Professional Aeronautics, Embry Riddle Aeronautical University
2006 Navy Senior Enlisted Academy, Naval Station Newport, R.I.
2008 Master of Business Administration, Business Administration, Trident University International
2008 AFSO-21 Executive Leadership Course, University of Tennessee
2009 Chiefs Leadership Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2012 Gettysburg Leadership Experience, Gettysburg, Pa.
2012 Leadership Development Program, Center for Creative Leadership, Greensboro, N.C.
2014 Enterprise Leadership Seminar, Kenan-Flagler Business School, University of Chapel Hill, N.C.
1. April 1989-May 1989, Basic Military Training, Lackland Air Force Base (AFB), Texas
2. May 1989-October 1989, Aircraft Maintenance Technician Training, Sheppard AFB, Texas
3. October 1989-April 1994, Aircraft Maintenance Technician, 436th Aircraft Generation Squadron, Dover AFB, Del.
4. April 1994-December 1995, Flying Crew Chief, 436th Aircraft Generation Squadron, Dover AFB, Del.
5. December 1995-September 1998, Command Post Maintenance Coordinator, 436th AirliftWing, Dover AFB, Del.
6. September 1998-June 1999, C-5 Flight Engineer Apprentice, 436th Airlift Group, Dover AFB, Del.
7. June 1999-January 2000, C-5 Flight Engineer Apprentice, 3rd Airlift Squadron, Dover AFB, Del.
8. January 2000-July 2001, C-5 Flight Engineer, 3rd Airlift Squadron, Dover AFB, Del.
9. July 2001-August 2003, C-5 Instructor Flight Engineer, 3rd Airlift Squadron, Dover AFB, Del.
10. August 2003-April 2004, Combat Crew Training School (CCTS) C-5 Instructor Flight Engineer, 56th Airlift Squadron, Altus AFB, Okla.
11. April 2004-June 2005, Superintendent, Airlift Student Flight, 97th Training Squadron, Altus AFB, Okla.
12. June 2005-November 2006, Flight Engineer Superintendent, 56th Airlift Squadron, Altus AFB, Okla.
13. November 2006-November 2008, Superintendent, Current Operations Directorate, 618th Tanker Airlift Control Center, Scott AFB, Ill.
14. November 2008-April 2010, Superintendent, 618th Tanker Airlift Control Center, Scott AFB, Ill.
15. April 2010-November 2011, Superintendent, 436th Operations Group, Dover AFB, Del.
16. November 2011-July 2013, Command Chief, 437th AirliftWing, Joint Base (JB) Charleston, S.C.
17. July 2013-June 2014, Superintendent, Operations Support Squadron and 9th Airlift Squadron, Dover AFB, Del.
18. June 2014-December 2015, Command Chief, 515th Air Mobility Operations Wing, JB Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii
19. December 2015 - February 2018, Command Chief Master Sergeant, Air Force Expeditionary Center, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, NJ
20. February 2018-Present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with five oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Combat Readiness Medal with oak leaf cluster
1993 Airman Leadership School Honor Graduate and Military Citizenship Award
2000 NCO Academy Distinguished Graduate
2005 Embry Riddle Aeronautical University Suma Cum Laude Graduate 2
2006 Navy Senior Enlisted Academy Honor Graduate
2008 TUI University Suma Cum Laude Graduate
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Airman Oct. 20, 1989
Airman First Class Aug. 20, 1990
Senior Airman Oct. 20, 1991
Staff Sergeant Aug. 1, 1994
Technical Sergeant July 1, 1998
Master Sergeant Nov. 1, 2002
Senior Master Sergeant March 1, 2006
Chief Master Sergeant Oct. 1, 2009
(Current as of May 2018)