1989 Distinguished graduate, Bachelor of Science, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Co.
1991 Master of Public Policy, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass.
1995 Distinguished graduate, Squadron Officers School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2000 Air Command and Staff College
2006 Graduate with highest academic distinction, Master of Strategic Studies, Air War College, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2010 Executive Leadership Seminar, Darden School of Business, University of Virginia
2010 Leadership Development Program, Center for Creative Leadership, Greensboro, N.C.
2014 Capstone Joint Flag Officer Development Program, Washington, D.C.
2015 U.S.-UK Rising Leaders Forum, Washington, D.C.
2016 Advanced Senior Leader Development Program, Washington, D.C.
1. June 1989 – June 1991, Student, Air Force Institute of Technology, Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass.
2. July 1991 – August 1992, Student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Reese AFB, Texas
3. September 1992 – October 1994, KC-10 Pilot, 344th Air Refueling Squadron, Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C.
4. November 1994 – June 1998, KC-10 Evaluator Pilot and Wing Executive Officer, 9th Air Refueling Squadron and 60th Air Mobility Wing, Travis AFB, Calif.
5. July 1998 – April 2000, Branch Chief, Program Integration Division, Directorate of Programs, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
6. May 2000 – July 2002, Aide de Camp to the Commander, U.S. Transportation Command and Commander, Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
7. August 2002 – July 2005, Operations Officer, 7th Airlift Squadron; Commander, 8th Airlift Squadron; and Deputy Commander, 62nd Operations Group, McChord AFB, Wash.
8. August 2005 – June 2006, student, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
9. July 2006 – July 2007, Deputy Commander, 603rd Air and Space Operations Center, Ramstein AB, Germany
10. July 2007 – July 2009, Commander, 86th Operations Group, Ramstein AB, Germany
11. July 2009 – June 2011, Commander, 97th Air Mobility Wing, Altus AFB, Okla.
12. July 2011– Jan 2012, Chief, Global Mobility Division, Headquarters U.S. Air Force
13. January 2012 – July 2013, Chief, Program Integration Division, Headquarters United States Air Force
14. August 2013 - June 2015, Deputy Director for Future Joint Force Development, Joint Staff/J7, Suffolk, Va.
15. June 2015 – August 2016, Commander, 86th Airlift Wing, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
16. August 2016 – June 2017, Director of Strategic Plans, Requirements, and Programs, Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
17. July 2017 – August 2018, Director of Operations, Strategic Deterrence, and Nuclear Integration, Headquarters U.S. Air Forces in Europe and Air Forces Africa, Ramstein AB, Germany
18. September 2018 – Present, Deputy Commander, Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. May 2000 – July 2002, Aide de Camp to the Commander, U.S. Transportation Command, Scott AFB, Ill., as a major and lieutenant colonel
2. August 2013 – June 2015, Deputy Director for Future Joint Force Development, Joint Staff/J7, Suffolk, Va., as a brigadier general
Rating: command pilot
Flight hours: over 4,000
Aircraft flown: KC-10A, T-38A, C-17A, C-130E/J, C-20H, C-21A, C-37A, C-40B, T-38C, KC-135R
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Legion of Merit with three oak leaf clusters
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 31, 1989
First Lieutenant May 31, 1991
Captain May 31, 1993
Major Jul. 1, 1999
Lieutenant Colonel Mar.1, 2002
Colonel Jan. 1, 2007
Brigadier General Aug. 2, 2013
Major General Jun 1, 2017
Lieutenant General Sept. 4, 2018
(Current as of September 2018)