Chief Master Sergeant Brian P. Kruzelnick is the Command Chief Master Sergeant, Air Mobility Command, Scott Air Force Base, Illinois. As the commander’s principle senior enlisted advisor, he counsels on the effective employment of 107,000 Total Force Airmen from 100 worldwide locations to support Rapid Global Mobility operations with a fleet of 1,100 aircraft. He assures the commander’s intent is understood and executed though forming a connection between individuals, team members and the command, based on dignity and respect, with a focus on inclusion, readiness, resiliency, training, growth and utilization. This is imperative to executing the command’s core missions of command and control (C2) over inter- and intra-theater airlift, air refueling, aeromedical evacuation, global air mobility operations, and presidential and senior leader air transport, while serving as the air component for U.S. Transportation Command, and supporting U.S joint forces, allies and partners.
Chief Kruzelnick is a native of Passaic, N.J., and entered the USAF in 1994. During his career, he has led in five MAJCOMs, covering training, mobility, ISR, electronic attack, C2, strike and space operations. He has also guided the execution of command channel, JCS-directed contingency and humanitarian relief, and joint/combined exercise missions for combatant component commanders while assigned to total force, bilateral, multilateral, and joint service environments. Additionally, he performed as an Air Advisor in Afghanistan to establish the structure and foundation for Afghan Air Force Maintenance Operations. He has deployed numerous times to support Deny Flight, Deliberate Force, Joint Endeavour, Southern Watch, Allied Force, Operation Enduring Freedom, Iraqi Freedom, Inherent Resolve, Freedom’s Sentinel, and CJTF-Horn of Africa.
Prior to assuming his current position, he served as Command Chief Master Sergeant, Fifth Air Force, Japan, providing leadership to 15,000 geographically separated combat-ready personnel delivering combat airpower, C2, personnel recovery, surveillance and rapid mobility throughout the Indo-Pacific Theater. He also conducted engagements and oversight for joint and bilateral planning and interoperability events to advance the U.S.-Japan Security Alliance.
1999 Basic Instructor Course, Sheppard AFB, Texas
2000 Associate in Applied Science Degree in Avionics System of Technology, Community College of the Air Force
2000 Airman Leadership School, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
2003 Associate in Applied Science degree in Instructor of Technology and Military Science, Community College of the Air Force
2005 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Peterson AFB, Colo.
2009 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Gunter AFB, Ala.
2010 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education Course, Joint Force Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
2011 Air Advisors Academy, USAF Expeditionary Center, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, N.J.
2014 Bachelor of Science Degree in Professional Aeronautics, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Suma Cum Laude Graduate
2015 Enterprise Leadership Seminar, University of North Carolina, Kenan-Flagler Business School, Chapel Hill, N.C.
2015 AFSO21 Executive Leader Course, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tenn.
2016 Keystone Fellow, National Defense University, Washington D.C.
2016 Senior Enlisted Legal Orientation, Judge Advocate General School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2017 Master of Science Degree in Organizational Leadership, Colorado State University, Distinguished Scholar Graduate
2018 Eurozone and Middle East Political-Economic Conflict Seminar, Washington D.C.
2019 Air Force Senior Staff Course, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
1. April 1994 – June 1994, trainee, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. June 1994 – May 1995, student, Comm Cmd Control Technical School, Keesler AFB, Miss.
3. May 1995 – September 1999, Comm Cmd Control Journeyman, 43d Electronic Combat Squadron, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
4. September 1999 – July 2003, Instructor, Avionics Systems, 372d Training Squadron, Detachment 11, Sheppard AFB, Texas
5. July 2003 – July 2004, Lead Technician, Avionics System Craftsman, 22d Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, McConnell AFB, Kan.
6. July 2004 – November 2006, Production Expediter, 22d Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, McConnell AFB, Kan. (March 2006 – July 2006, Production Expediter, 380th Expeditionary Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Southwest Asia)
7. November 2006 – November 2007, Flight Chief/Additional-Duty First Sergeant, 22d Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, McConnell AFB, Kan.
8. November 2007 – March 2009, Production Superintendent, 22d Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, McConnell AFB, Kan. (March 2008 - October 2008, Production Superintendent, 379th Expeditionary Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Al Udeid AB, Qatar)
9. March 2009 – October 2010, Lead Production Superintendent, 22d Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, McConnell AFB, Kan.
10. October 2010 – October 2012, Aircraft Maintenance Unit Superintendent, 22d Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, McConnell AFB, Kan. (September 2011 - September 2012, Superintendent/Afghan Maintenance Group Air Advisor, 802d Air Expeditionary Advisory Squadron, Shindand AB, Afghanistan)
11. October 2012 – April 2014, Superintendent, 374th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Yokota AB, Japan
12. April 2014 – November 2014, Superintendent, 515th Air Mobility Operations Group, Yokota AB, Japan
13. November 2014 – June 2016, Command Chief, 460th Space Wing, Buckley AFB, Colo.
14. July 2016 – July 2017, Command Chief, 380th Air Expeditionary Wing, Southwest Asia
15. August 2017 – December 2018, Command Chief, 55th Wing, Offutt AFB, Neb.
16. December 2018 – August 2020, Command Chief, Fifth Air Force, Yokota AB, Japan
17. August 2020 – Present, Command Chief, Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit with two oak leaf clusters
Bronze Star Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
1996 Maintenance Professional of the Year, Airman category, 355th FW
2000 Leadership Award, Airman Leadership School
2001 Noncommissioned Officer of the Year, 982d TRG
2005 Distinguished Graduate, Noncommissioned Officer Academy
2007 Airlift Tanker Association Young Leadership Award, NCO category, 22 MXG
2007 Lance P. Sijan Award, Junior Enlisted category, 22 MXG
2007 Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year, 22d ARW
2009 Distinguished Graduate, Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy
2010 General Lew Allen Jr. Trophy, SNCO category, 22d ARW
2010 Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year, 22d ARW
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant December 2012
(Current as of August 2020)