Chief Master Sergeant Jamie L. Newman is the Command Chief Master Sergeant, Air Mobility Command, Scott Air Force Base, Illinois. As the commander’s principle senior enlisted advisor, he counsels on the effective employment of 107,000 Total Force Airmen from 100 worldwide locations to support Rapid Global Mobility operations with a fleet of 1,100 aircraft. He assures the commander’s intent is understood and executed through forming a connection between individuals, team members and the command, based on dignity and respect, with a focus on inclusion, readiness, resiliency, training, growth and utilization. This is imperative to executing the command’s core missions of command and control (C2) over inter- and intra-theater airlift, air refueling, aeromedical evacuation, global air mobility operations, and presidential and senior leader air transport, while serving as the air component for U.S. Transportation Command, and supporting U.S joint forces, allies, and partners.
Chief Newman grew up in the small town of Milford, Kansas. He began his active duty career on January 11, 1995. Throughout his assignments Chief Newman filled numerous positions in the Air Force and joint force units including entry controller, fire team leader, Phoenix Raven and Air Base build up/defense Instructor, combat operations squad leader/flight chief, operations, and squadron superintendents, leading in several roles ranging from squadron to MAJCOM level. As well, he was assigned to the U.S. Army’s Ranger School as a Ranger Instructor, molding warriors for direct-fire battle by land, sea or air, using planning and squad/platoon combat platforms for deep behind enemy lines operations in the harshest conditions. Chief Newman has operated with airlift, air strike, and persistent attack and reconnaissance assets while supporting national missions and has conducted operations in Asia, North and South America, Africa, Kuwait (Intrinsic Action), and Operations IRAQI FREEDOM and ENDURING FREEDOM.
1997 - Phoenix Raven Course (#199), Fort Dix, N.J.
2000 - Airman Leadership School, Travis Air Force Base, Calif.
2000 - Academic Instructor Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2001 - Security Forces Craftsman, Lackland AFB, Texas
2002 - Associates, Police Science, Community College of the Air Force, Ala.
2002 - U.S. Army Ranger Course and U.S. Army Airborne Course, Fort Benning, Ga.
2004 - Associates, Instructor in Technology and Military Science, Community College of the Air Force, Ala.
2005 - Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
2006 - U.S. Army Jump Master Course, Fort Benning, Ga.
2007 - U.S. Army Basic Instructor Course and Ranger’s Demolitions Certification Course, Fort Benning, Ga.
2007 - Ranger Instructor Certification, 4th Ranger Training Battalion, Fort Benning, Ga.
2010 - Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy Residence, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2012 - Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education, by correspondence
2013 - AFSO21 Green Belt Course, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
2014 - Bachelors of Science in Workforce Ed. and Development-Training, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale
2015 - Joint Special Operations Forces Senior Enlisted Academy, MacDill AFB, Fla.
2016 - U.S. Army Sergeants Major Course, Fort Bliss, Texas
2017 - Chief’s Leadership Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2017 - Enterprise Leadership Seminar, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
2017 - Senior Enlisted Legal Orientation Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2017 - Command Chief Master Sergeant Training Course, Andrews AFB, Washington, D.C.
2018 - Continuous Process Improvement for Executives, Duke University, N.C.
2019 - Europe – Middle East Update, Alan L. Freed and Associates, Capitol Hill Club, Washington D.C.
2020 - Next Jump Leadership Academy, Next Jump New York, New York.
2021 - Keystone, National Defense University, Washington D.C.
2022 - John C. Maxwell, Maxwell Leadership Certified Team Coaching, Speaking, Training Orlando, Fl.
1. January 1995 - March 1995, Basic Military Training, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
2. March 1995 - May 1995, Security Police Academy, Lackland AFB, Texas
3. May 1995, Air Base Ground Defense Level 01, Fort Dix, N.J.
4. May 1995 - June 1996, Response Force Member, 22d Security Forces Squadron (deployed Kuwait City, Intrinsic Action),
McConnell AFB, Kan.
5. June 1996 - June 2000, Security Forces Patrol, 60th Security Forces Squadron (Full time Raven/Ops 1997-2000), Travis, AFB,
6. June 2000 - January 2005, Phoenix Raven and Squad Operations Instructor/Supervisor, 421st Ground Combat Training
Squadron, Fort Dix, N.J.
7. January 2005 - May 2007, Squad Leader, 822d Security Forces Squadron, Moody AFB, Ga. (Deployed Hurricane Katrina,
Deployed OIF, Combat Patrol squad leader)
8. May 2007 - September 2011, Supt/Ranger Instructor (4th Ranger Training Brigade), 342 Training Squadron/OL-B. Fort
9. September 2011 - May 2012, Operations Superintendent, 435th Security Forces Squadron, Sembach, Germany
10. May 2012 - May 2013, Logistics and Readiness Superintendent, 569th United States Forces Police Squadron, Vogelweh
Cantonment, Germany (Deployed Senior Enlisted Leader, Chabbelley Air Field, Djibouti Africa.)
11. May 2013 - March 2017, Operations Superintendent, Security Forces Manager, 569th United States Forces Police Squadron,
Vogelweh Cantonment, Germany
12. March 2017 - June 2018, Superintendent, 86th Mission Support Group, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
13. June 2018 – July 2019, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 432d Wing/432d Air Expeditionary Wing, Creech AFB, Nev.
14. August 2019 - Command Chief Master Sergeant, 31st Fighter Wing, Aviano AB, Italy
15. May 2021 – June 2023, Command Chief Master Sergeant, Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, WPAFB, Oh.
16. June 2023 – Present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, IL.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit with two oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Army Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with silver oak leaf cluster
Army Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
1999 Phoenix Raven of the Year, 60th SFS Travis AFB, CA.
1999 Airman of the Year, 60th SFS Travis AFB, CA.
2005 Noncommissioned Officer Academy Commandants Award, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
2006 Noncommissioned Officer of the Year, 822d Security Forces Squadron, Moody AFB, GA.
2011 U.S. Army Infantry Order of Saint Maurice (Legionnaire), 4th RTB, Fort Benning, GA.
2011 U.S. Army David E. Grange Jr Best Ranger Competition (1st ever in the Department of the Air Force).
2014 Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year, 86th Airlift Wing, Ramstein Air Base, GE.
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant June 1, 2016
(Current as of July 2023)