FEATURES

  • Fastest Airman in Air Force: Daniel Kirwa

    Out of more than 12,000 participants, Kirwa placed first in the military category of the Air Force Marathon, and third overall, with a time of 2 hours, 33 minutes, and 3 seconds.

  • 4th AS adopts children as honorary pilots

    A U.S. Air Force community outreach program continues to provide children facing health difficulties an opportunity to have fun and see firsthand some of the things that Airmen do.The current Pilot for a Day (PFAD) program at McChord Field on Joint Base Lewis-McChord was created in 2010 as a

  • Air Force POW recounts events, inspires Airmen

    Retired U.S. Air Force Col. Lee Ellis, Vietnam War F-4 Phantom pilot, describes the fateful night he and his comrade were shot down and captured during the Vietnam conflict to Team Fairchild Airmen as part of a monthly leadership speaker series, Oct. 8, at the base theater.The Fairchild Speaker

  • Vehicle Maintenance innovates, saves

    The 92nd LRS is the go-to shop for all of Team Fairchild’s ground vehicle maintenance and repairs, keeping the fleet of passenger cars, fire trucks, snow clearing machines and specialty cargo loading vehicles operational. They are essential to keeping the ground operations that support the base’s

  • Cultivate Hope: Air Force dedicated to preventing suicide

    A young Airman struggles to make it through his work day. His head is filled with thoughts of inadequacy. Negativity dominates his thoughts and he soon wonders whether or not he should continue living.In frustration, he slams his desk and walks toward the door.

  • Black Knight fulfills dream of serving

    Less than one percent of the population joins the military every year. Some, join the military for school, travel or other benefits. For others, joining the ranks is something that has always been part of their life plan. The latter is true for U.S. Air Force Senior Airman Robert Matthews, 19th

  • AFOSI: Finding the truth for Herk Nation

    A controlled perimeter wrapped in fluorescent yellow tape demands curious bystanders stay back from the crime scene. Armed agents circle the tape, while crime scene investigators carefully analyze the scene, tagging, logging and preserving evidence for forensic scientists to analyze later.When

  • Overcoming domestic violence: A story of resilience

    As a little boy, the Airman watched, terrified, as his father shoved his mother against a wall, screaming in her face. The angry shouts became muffled as he cupped his tiny hands around his ears in an attempt to escape the horror. But, for the longest time, he could not escape it.

  • Air Force civic leader champions community support for Team Travis

    The old adage goes ‘It takes a village to raise a child,’ and the same is true of cultivating the defense of a nation. While less than 1 percent of the population ever serve in the military, the success of the Department of Defense is contingent on the support of the remaining 99 percent of