HomeNewsFeatures

Feature Search

  • Air Force POW recounts events, inspires Airmen

    Retired U.S. Air Force Col. Lee Ellis, Vietnam War F-4 Phantom pilot, describes the fateful night he and his comrade were shot down and captured during the Vietnam conflict to Team Fairchild Airmen as part of a monthly leadership speaker series, Oct. 8, at the base theater.The Fairchild Speaker Series is a monthly event where experts and leaders from diverse career fields come to share leadership insights with Team Fairchild and provide Airmen the opportunity to expand their professional development in preparation for the potential challenges of today and tomorrow.
  • Vehicle Maintenance innovates, saves

    The 92nd LRS is the go-to shop for all of Team Fairchild’s ground vehicle maintenance and repairs, keeping the fleet of passenger cars, fire trucks, snow clearing machines and specialty cargo loading vehicles operational. They are essential to keeping the ground operations that support the base’s refueling mission running smoothly.
  • AMC Spotlight: Success at AMC through Schedule A hiring authority

    The stories of two Mobility Air Force Airmen are not impossible dreams, but a showcase of the reality of a command that welcomes all who volunteer to serve.
  • Cultivate Hope: Air Force dedicated to preventing suicide

    A young Airman struggles to make it through his work day. His head is filled with thoughts of inadequacy. Negativity dominates his thoughts and he soon wonders whether or not he should continue living. In frustration, he slams his desk and walks toward the door.
  • Black Knight fulfills dream of serving

    Less than one percent of the population joins the military every year. Some, join the military for school, travel or other benefits. For others, joining the ranks is something that has always been part of their life plan. The latter is true for U.S. Air Force Senior Airman Robert Matthews, 19th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron communication and navigation systems electronic counter measures journeyman.
  • AFOSI: Finding the truth for Herk Nation

    A controlled perimeter wrapped in fluorescent yellow tape demands curious bystanders stay back from the crime scene. Armed agents circle the tape, while crime scene investigators carefully analyze the scene, tagging, logging and preserving evidence for forensic scientists to analyze later. When thinking of a special agent, some immediately think of the portrayal on television, but in the case of the U.S. Air Force Office of Special Investigations, there is much more to it.
  • Overcoming domestic violence: A story of resilience

    As a little boy, the Airman watched, terrified, as his father shoved his mother against a wall, screaming in her face. The angry shouts became muffled as he cupped his tiny hands around his ears in an attempt to escape the horror. But, for the longest time, he could not escape it.
  • Air Force civic leader champions community support for Team Travis

    The old adage goes ‘It takes a village to raise a child,’ and the same is true of cultivating the defense of a nation. While less than 1 percent of the population ever serve in the military, the success of the Department of Defense is contingent on the support of the remaining 99 percent of Americans. Military advocacy comes in all shapes and sizes; however, for some, supporting the armed forces isn’t philanthropy, it's a lifestyle. For one such citizen, Sandy Person, every day is an opportunity to aid her ‘heroes.’
  • Vet clinic remodel: staying a step above the rest

    The veterinary clinic at Little Rock Air Force Base, Arkansas underwent a major remodel and received substantial equipment upgrades to aid in providing the superior care that people expect for their four-legged companions.
  • Total Force maintainers road trip for KC-135 recovery

    The skies were calm over the state of New York as a KC-135 Stratotanker assigned to MacDill Air Force Base, Florida, cruised through the veil of blue, en route to a deployment. All of a sudden, un-commanded flight control movements began to inexplicably shake the aircraft. As the pilots rushed to troubleshoot the situation, the aircraft began to drop altitude.
RSS